2018-04-09 – This position has been filled!
2018-03-06 – Job Description: Technology Consultant
Our shark-ceilinged office in Reading Ohio is a great launchpad to helping make Cincinnati’s small businesses a better place to work and live. We love to learn and improve, and to have fun at it! We’re looking for someone special to pour into and build-up, who can support and propel Slingshot and our clients forward.
- Attentively support customer helpdesk requests with quality solutions and follow-though.
- Support and maintain servers, networks, PCs, mailboxes and users as part of Slingshot’s managed services.
- Follow instructions and standard procedures for customer service and system setups, recommending improvements, and testing and documenting all changes.
- Work with project owners and Slingshot team to determine needs and to plan solutions, and to communicate project progress and issue resolutions.
- Contribute to the growth of Slingshot by referring quality clients and candidates.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Strong Expertise with common business technologies, including PC and network cabling & hardware, Windows, Office, Outlook, remote control tools, mobile devices, web browsers.
- Knowledge and some experience of Windows Servers, SBS, RDP, SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP and wireless networking, Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint, Hyper-V, IIS, SQL.
- Self-starting with a diligent work ethic, attention to detail and process, adaptability, love of learning, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Current on IT industry trends, technologies, and standards. Able to research, recommend, and apply better solutions as they emerge.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effectively handles multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, valid driver license and insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Functioning cell phone for occasional work use.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, and sit for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Desired Job Qualifications:
- Windows Scripting experience with PowerShell, WSH, or Batch.
- MTA, MCSA, MCSE, MOS, MCSD, CIW, or other relevant certifications.
- Degree from a recognized university or equivalent experience.
- Full-Time Salaried W2, IRA match, benefit stipend, paid training and vacation, commission for new clients, reimbursed certification exams.
- We are looking for a long-term employee who will grow with us!
- Do not send a resume until we request it. To apply, email us a 1-2 paragraph description of why you think you’d be a great fit at Slingshot.